<nobr id="gHG"><del id="gHG"></del></nobr>


    We look forward to having in-person visits once again. The volunteers and staff are working toward enhancing the displays and coming up with ways to keep everyone safe once the museum opens. Please check back with us through our website and social media channels, as we will make an announcement once it is safe to reopen.    Past Announcements

    Welcome to the St. Vital Museum

    The former St. Vital police station, located within the fire station at 600 St. Mary's Road, is now the current home of the St. Vital Museum. It is a two-storey brick structure with stone facing on the main level. Erected in 1914, the station housed both the St. Vital Police and Fire Departments, the latter of which first began operating with three horse-drawn carriages and six firemen. At the rear were stables for horses which drew the wagons and sleighs up until the 1930's at which point pumper trucks were used. The first fire truck appeared in 1923 with the purchase of an REO Speedwagon. The second floor of the building also originally provided living quarters for the firemen.

    The fire station closed in 1972 and the police station closed in 1974. In 1974, the station was retired when St. Vital amalgamated with the City of Winnipeg and was then adapted as a centre for the City Health Department and an ambulance station.

    The fire hall achieved its status as a designated heritage building in 1982.

    The St. Vital Museum was officially opened on May 24th, 2008.

    The museum displays many artifacts related to the history of St. Vital dating from the first settlement in 1820. Special exhibits in the museum include archives dating back to the early 1800's, the original 1939 Fargo Pumper truck used by the St. Vital Fire Brigade and a copy of the handwritten diary by Victor Mager who was at Fort Garry in 1870 when Thomas Scott was executed under the orders of Louis Riel.

    The museum's goal is to tell the stories and present a pictorial history of such pioneers as Abraham Guay, Victor Mager, Joseph and Marie St. Germain, Fredrick Hulton, William and Mary Ann McDowell, Peter Tod and St. Vital's most famous son, Louis Riel.

    museum hours

    • The museum is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 until further notice.

      For general inquiries, please call (204) 255-2864 or email us at info@.

    • TOURS

      The museum is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 until further notice.

    how to find us:

    We are located in Winnipeg, Manitoba at 600 St. Mary's Road, just south of the junction with St. Anne's Road. The entrance to the museum is located in the rear of the building.

    By Car:
    Parking is free in the lot directly behind the museum.

    By bus from downtown:
    Winnipeg Transit routes: 14-St. Mary's, 54-St. Mary's Express, 55-St. Anne's.

    Visit the Winnipeg Transit website for schedules and fares.

    connect with us


    ทดลองเล่นสล็อตฟรีได้เงินจริง2022| agent casino malaysia| slot online terbaru sakura 188| สมัครเว็บ สล็อตpg| วิเคราะห์บอล ลา ส พั ล มา ส| allbet เครดิตฟรี| สล็อต เครดิตฟรี 50 วอ ล เล็ ท| วิเคราะห์บอลเช็กดิวิชั่น 1| สล็อต jdb แจก เครดิต ฟรี ไม่ต้องฝาก| 885 คา สิ โน| ผล บอล สด พร้อมราคา สูง ต่ํา| สล็อต wallet เครดิตฟรี ล่าสุด| ดัมมี่ ได้เงินจริง ไม่ต้องฝาก ถอนได้| โปร ทุนน้อย ฝาก 1 บาท รับ 50| clubfifa55 วิเคราะห์บอล| วิเคราะห์ หวยยี่กี| ทายผล บอล ยูโร 2021 มติ ชน| เว็บสล็อตjokerแตกง่าย| betflik เครดิตฟรี|